Achieving Enlightenment the Otaku Way
Osu! I wish you a happy new year, shokun! Last time I shared with you “10 Inspiring Must-See Anime/Manga Series For Chasing Your Dreams” to help with your preps for your New Year Resolutions. I hope that watching those 10 super inspiring anime helped kindle the fire of your dreams. Today’s lesson is the first of the Fujinsei Kempo series this 2016, and what better way to start off the new year but with my favourite series ONE PIECE by the genius mangaka Oda Eiichiro (尾田栄一郎). I dedicate this post to all of you amazing ONE PIECE fans. Are you ready? Let’s begin. Osu!
10 Signs That You’ve Watched Too Much ONE PIECE
1. When you’re sick, meat is your medicine.
Similarly, when someone’s sick, you show them how you care by sharing your meat.
2. When everyone’s complaining about the horrible weather, you disinterestedly tell them: “This weather is nothing. Wait till you see Grand Line.”
3. Instead of saying: “I can’t swim.”, you say: “I’m a Devil Fruit User.”
4. When you’re being forced by your mom to eat a fruit you absolutely hate, you tell her in your most serious voice: “I can’t. I’ve already eaten a Devil Fruit.”
5. YOHOHOHOHO! when you’re happy. YOHOHOHOHO! when you’re sad. YOHOHOHOHO! when you’re angry. YOHOHOHOHO! even when you’re scared to death.
6. Your friend lost her beloved phone and wallet.
You: It must be the work of fairies. Let’s just laugh it off.
7. You channel your inner Usopp whenever things go wrong. You say: “All according to my plan.”
Similarly, when wonderful things happen that absolutely has nothing to do with you, you take credit. For example:
Friend: Oh, look! A meteor shower. Wow. Lucky!
You: All according to my plan.
8. You channel your inner Boa Hancock whenever someone dares to act like a total a-hole to you. You look down on them so much that you’re looking up.
9. When you punch your friend in the face because he’s being an a-hole, you don’t say sorry but say instead: “No one can defend against the fist of love.”
10. Instead of giving them your phone number, e-mail, or Twitter handle, you rip a piece of paper and say: “Here’s my Vivre card.”
How many of these references did you understand? If you know all of them, EXCELLENT! As expected of my otaku student. Now let’s watch some more ONE PIECE. Class dismissed! Osu!
Founder of Fujinsei Kempo
Disclaimer: Study and follow the teachings of Fujinsei Kempo at your own risk. Fujinsei and its main author Arria Cross accept no responsibility whatsoever for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided above. Arria urges you to blame Cross-shishou for any issues you encounter while following Fujinsei Kempo teachings. But Arria wants you to remember that Cross-shishou is a mere alter ego, someone without tangible form. So if you want to blame someone, you might as well blame yourself. You’ve been warned.
ONE PIECE Official Website (Japanese)
Weekly Shounen Jump’s ONE PIECE Manga Official Web Portal (Japanese)
ONE PIECE on Toei Animation (Japanese)
Support Fujinsei by using the following affiliate links whenever you shop online with these websites:
Fujinsei is also a WordAds member, so if you would be so kind as to turn off your ad blocker when using this site, that would be greatly appreciated.
Read Disclosure Policy for more information about how this site uses affiliate links and ads. Thank you very much for your support!