Hello, my dear folks. I hereby declare the 1st ever Fujinsei Blog Carnival officially OVER!!! Yay yay!
There were a total of 45 submissions. Ohohohoho~ Wow. Not bad for something I started on a whim. To be honest, I only expected about 20 entries or so. For this blog carnival to exceed my initial expectations, it motivates me to work harder in facilitating connections between us otaku bloggers. Thank you very much to all the participants and especially the non-participants who still actively visited the submitted posts. This carnival would never have been possible without your active participation.
My Thoughts & Observations on this Blog Carnival
- Starting next month, I’ll only host the blog carnival for 1 week instead of two. I noticed that the excitement and participation levels significantly waned after the first week. I don’t mind receiving less entries, if it means more focus on the connections made. As the host of this blog carnival, the connections made are more important to me than mere numbers.
- The earliest participants have more advantage of having their links visited because later participants have no choice but to visit links submitted before them.
- Based on my stats record, participants who included clear titles and brief but informative summaries of their blog posts have higher rates of clicks than those who didn’t. I already stated this on the carnival’s “Rules of Participation” but it seems that not everyone read through it.
- I know that there are some who just left their links and didn’t even try connecting with other participants. If you’re one of these bloggers, don’t be baffled if your post didn’t get any interaction at all. Why should other bloggers be the one to connect with you first? If you only take the initiative, then the rest will follow. Here’s your cue to feel guilty. If you’re not comfortable taking the first step to say hi to another blogger, then this carnival is not for you.
- Yes, I read ALL of the entries. Honestly. For those participants who received minimal to no connections from their entries, you can take comfort in the fact that at least I alone read your post. I promise to read all entries of the blog carnivals that I’ll host, but please don’t expect me to comment on every single one. I also share all the entries on the Fujinsei Facebook page and on my Twitter.
So now we come to the most enjoyable part of this post. Out of the 45 entries, I’ve chosen 10 of my most favourite posts among them.
Arria’s Top 10 Best Posts Round-Up
“Anime Victims Of Love” by LitaKino (LitaKino Anime Corner)
“Brevity is Power: Why Another Cour Won’t Make it Better” by JekoJeko (Unnecessary Exclamation Mark!)
“Death Parade: Moral Ambiguity and the Judgment Analogy” by shiroyuni (The Limitless Imagination)
“Forcing Myself To Watch Bad Anime” by Me (KyoMato)
“Manga Review – Please Save My Earth” by krystallina (Daiyamanga)
“The Curious Case of Anime Fans” by librarian25 (Manime Conquest!)
“The Women of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood” by lynlynsays (Just Something About LynLyn)
“Which is Better Sub or Dub” by josefcd904 (The Reviewer’s Corner)
“Why Yaoi?” by Mistress of Yaoi (Yaoi Playground)
“Yuri Kuma Arashi and the Consequences of Social Labels” by CheesyJ (CoffeeHipster)
I encourage you to go read the awesome entries above and praise the bloggers for writing such thought-provoking posts, if you haven’t yet.
Please note that the above list contains my own personal favourites, and may not necessarily mean that they are better than the other entries. Your post may be the best of the best, but it still won’t be included in this list because I’m just not familiar with what you’ve written, if you know what I mean. But understand that participating in my blog carnivals doesn’t mean that you need to please me. The main purpose of this blog carnival is to make connections with other bloggers and make this community stronger and more enjoyable for us otaku bloggers.
Once again I thank all of the participants for making the 1ST EVER FUJINSEI BLOG CARNIVAL a success. Thank you very much! Please look forward to next month’s blog carnival which I’ll host again on May 2. In the meantime, prepare the most awesome post that you can write or hunt one of your bests ones from your archives to submit next month. Looking forward to them. See you again on next month’s Fujinsei Blog Carnival. Cheers!
Support Fujinsei by using the following affiliate links whenever you shop online with these websites:
Fujinsei is also a WordAds member, so if you would be so kind as to turn off your ad blocker when using this site, that would be greatly appreciated.
Read Disclosure Policy for more information about how this site uses affiliate links and ads. Thank you very much for your support!